Sunday 9 August 2009

A lost generation

Just a short post, nothing much to say.

Just recently, I have been bugged by a thought:
Does God compromise on His standards of holiness?

I don't know why but it keeps bugging me. These few weeks have been eye-opening; a time when I find out things about people, things I never expected from them. And now I wonder; how lost can our generation be?

I heard a sharing once in my church about the problem with our generation of Christianity. Rather than maintaining and upholding the standards of morality that God asks off of us when we live as Christians, we bring the standards down to our level instead so that we can be more comfortable living our lives that way WE want to. Does God compromise?

Since then I have been guilty of my failings to live a Holy life; times when I say, "It's ok God, just a bit won't hurt" or "It's ok God, I'm just trying to make friends here".

Are we any different from anyone?
Are we a light for others or a stumbling block?
Can people see Christ in us?

Oh God let us be, a generation that seeks, seeks Your face oh God of Jacob

1 comment:

  1. haha thanks for the post bro. been bugged recently by the same questions as well - Can people see Christ in the way we live?

    ReplyDelete