Monday 2 February 2009

Discovering God on a bus ride =)

As school work builds up, sometimes the little details of life threaten to drown out the peace and stability in us, and very often, God's quiet voice commanding us to just trust in Him. The list of work seems never-ending, the days never long enough, and when outlines and drafts get repeatedly criticized and returned, even just a moment's breather seems a long way off. 

Have you ever felt like this before?

I think as IB students, most of us certainly have. If there's one thing that could sum up our time here in IB, it would have to be the word "stress". 

But as Christians, we're called to trust in our heavenly Father who will provide.  "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

Yet reading this, some of us might still feel, where's God when I'm stressed? What's God got to do with it anyway? ... Or, I really have so much work to do, and you're asking me to stop and pray?? 

Exactly =)

I don't know how else to explain this other than by sharing what happened to me last Saturday. I'd spent a long time staying up attempting to work on my EE, only to meet mental blocks, restlessness and just overall stress. The next morning, going back to school for CCA, I got up first thing in the morning worrying how I was ever going to finish my work, rushed out.... and got on the wrong bus. Needless to say, I got off at the next stop, trudged back dejectedly and waited for the bus all over again. 

How often do we get so caught up with all the details in life, that we just rush headlong into things, not looking where we're going, and in the process get on the wrong "bus"? Just imagine if I had stopped in the midst of rushing out and paused for a moment. I'd have never gotten on the wrong bus, saving the needless rush after that. Oftentimes when encountering the trials and tribulations of life, we rush to try so many other methods, trying to do it all on our own, forgetting the simplest and most effective one of all: To just pray and trust in the Lord! 

I remember that in the midst of waiting and on the bus to school, I absentmindedly flipped open to Jeremiah, and found the highlighted verse, "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Let's trust in God's plans today =) Surely the one who made the whole universe so wonderfully has the perfect plan for each of our lives! With Jesus at the wheel, nothing can go wrong, we just have to trust in Him, no matter how bumpy the ride gets, and He will carry us through. Have you been travelling on the wrong bus? It's not too late to get off! =)

Taken from www.crosswalk.com:

Let’s Pray 
Dear Heavenly Father, there are many days when I get so anxious about the details of life.  Thank you for the reminder that You are in control.  Direct my path.  Help me rest in the assurance that no matter what happens today, it is no surprise to You.

In Jesus’ Name, 
Amen


"If you're too busy to pray, you're too busy." 

God bless ya'all,
Pet <3

No comments:

Post a Comment