Monday 23 February 2009

God's Goodness

Life is so hard! No, i'm not whining or complaining, i'm stating a fact.

I, for one, have had a hard day - major discouragements, being upset with people; situations. I'm sure there are many others each of you have experienced at some point. But let us always remember to look to God for he loves us so! Today, on crosswalk.com, part of the devotions read:

"FROM THE FATHERS HEART:
My child, do you know how much I enjoy blessing My children? Do you understand that all I want for you are good things? But it is also My goodness that forgives and prods your heart when it needs changing. It is My goodness that allows tests to come your way. It is my goodness that holds you in the palm of My hand and will not let you go. I love you, My child."

Isn't it so wonderful to know that this is what we mean to God! He wants to give us all the good things. Even when things seem to be going all wrong, it is reassuring to know that God definitely has a better plan for us in mind. His goodness allows tests to come our way. God does not want us to be 'spoilt' Christians who get everything we ask for. Through the trials he allows us to endure, he wants us to grow stronger in Him, to learn to trust Him more, so that we may allow Him to do even bigger works in us; so that He can bless us even more. Ultimately, God loves us, and he wants us to be happy. He is good not because he makes us happy all the time by granting all our wishes, but because he does everything in our best interests. Thus we can find peace and joy in Him and His love at all times.

As i was doing QT this evening, God placed a song in my heart that really touched me. You could say He wanted to comfort me... It's quite a common one, At The Cross. For those who are unfamiliar:

O Lord, You searched me,
You know my way.
Even when i fail You,
I know You love me.

Your Holy presence,
Surrounding me.
In every season,
I know You love me.

At the cross i bow my knee
Where Your blood was shed for me.
There's no greater love than this.
You have overcome the grave,
Your glory fills the highest place.
What can separate me now?

You go before me,
You shield my way,
Your hand upholds me.
I know You love me.

You tore the veil,
You made a way
When You said that it is done.

And when the earth fades,
Falls from my eyes,
You stand before me.
I know You love me.

Yes, let us always remember that NO MATTER WHAT, God loves us. He is always good to us, even in difficult times.
Our dear sister Petrina once shared an email about remembering the positive things, and giving thanks for them.
Let us do this, in rememberance of God's goodness to us. If we would just take some time off our oh-so-busy lives each day to reflect on the blessings God's given to us so freely, we will really find that there's so much more to be thankful for, and that in itself can give us the strength to pull through the challenges in life, no matter how hard(: God bless you all!

Love,
Felicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment