Monday 9 February 2009

FireAC 9-13 February 2009

Hello all, for those interested, and just in case you have any questions in advance, here's the outline for this week's FireAC morning sharings =) Don't forget to join us daily by the IB fountain, 7am onwards! Do note that the sharing outline is not necessarily, laid in stone, but as the Spirit leads =) 

ATTENTION TO ALL YEAR FIVES: Y5s please take note that for this week only, there will be a separate sharing/worship/prayer session at the SpaceFrame on Tuesday and Wednesday, hope to see you there! =)

FireAC - 9-13 February 2009:

Keeping in line with the theme of Running the Race, as stated in the words of Paul in Hebrews 12, 
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Taking a closer look into this statement, we can see that it truly encapsulates all about the life of a disciple in Christ and what it means, and how it can be used to minister to the people around us and glorify the Lord =)

Monday - The Finish Line
Matthew 13:44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and brought that field."
In running the race, always remember the sacrifice of the one who made running this race possible in the first place, and the Holy Spirit who gives us strength to run this race.
The greatest love that anyone could ever know
That overcame the cross and grave to find my soul
And till I see you face to face
And grace amazing takes me home
I'll trust in you
With all I am I'll live to see your Kingdom come
And in my heart I pray you'd let your will be done
And till I see you face to face
And grace amazing takes me home
I'll trust in you
I will live to love you
I will live to bring you praise
I will live a child in awe of you
You are the voice that called the universe to be
You are the whisper my heart that speaks to me
And till I see you face to face
And grace amazing takes me home
I'll trust in you
You alone are God of all 
You alone are worthy Lord 
And with all I am my soul will bless your name 


Tuesday - Freedom in Christ

Wednesday - Fixing our eyes on Jesus

Thurday - Running the race together

Friday - Worship! =)

*Sharings will be updated as the week progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment